- 4 (9-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter or reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach or torn romaine leaves
- 1 large stalk celery, cut into thin 3- to 4-inch sticks (12 sticks total)
- ½ cup carrots, shredded or matchsticks
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt or low-fat ranch dressing (optional)
Spread 1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter or reduced-fat cream cheese on each tortilla, leaving one inch of clean space at the top edge of each tortilla. Layer spinach leaves on top of peanut butter. Place 3 celery sticks across the middle on top of the spinach; sprinkle with shredded carrot.
Keeping the clean edge at the top, roll tortillas up tightly from the bottom, folding in the sides after the first roll. Wrap each burrito tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Remove plastic wrap. Cut each roll into ½-inch slices, inserting a toothpick into the burrito before each cut is made.
Serve with yogurt or ranch dressing.
Yields: 4 Servings
Serving Size: 1 tortilla roll-up, cut up; approximately 4 half-inch slices
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 351 calories, 15 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 76 mcg folate, 2 mg iron, 686 mg sodium
Source: Wheat Foods Council